Wednesday, June 10, 2009

catch-up

Here ya go...the quarterly highlights of happenings at the Johnson house...I guess that's how things go around here (better late than never, that is). Enjoy!


My birthday luncheon at my sister's house, made perfect by Italian sodas and a Marie Callender's pie. Kate turns one! I was a little sad this day.
Another fun attempt at marzipan...pretty cool stuff!
Happy Easter! And no, we did not roast any defenseless Peeps this year.Kate got her big-girl carseat. I was also sad this day. I think I'm always a bit sad about any of my baby's milestones. And yes, this was yet another purchase Tim wasn't happy about, because of all the baby stuff I threw away between Elizabeth and Kate! Ooooops!
Adam, at his first-ever piano recital. I sat back bursting with pride, even though I'd heard the song a thousand times already!
Joshua did great also! They are loving piano lessons.Thomas, at his kindergarten nursery rhyme program. He was a confident and darling Little Boy Blue, although he cried all morning long because he was so nervous!My little brother, Christian, opening his mission call to the Canada Edmonton Mission! He even predicted he was going to Canada! Last month my darling sister Amy moved from Washington back to Utah! Happy day!

We had a fun graduation party for Amy's husband, Marshall, who just finished law school. We had a fun little roast for him, completed by Amy announcing that she was expecting!

Elizabeth, looking on as Tim fixes her bike. Tis the season....we've been doing this a lot lately.

Sunshine Kate.

Joshua, loving that he finally gets to mow the lawn!

When he finished, he said, "Mom, our house looks rich." He didn't say it in a snotty way, just in an innocent kid way. I think his comment was kind of sweet; that "rich" was the best word he could come up with for our house and yard looking neat and clean.

I think he's right about the "rich" part....look at my little treasures!
Ok, so this milestone didn't make me sad...it was fun to watch Kate eating her first Oreo!





I'm not a huge fan of messy-faced baby pictures, but you've gotta admit this one's pretty cute!

14 comments:

Jared and Jessica said...

I can't believe how big Elizabeth is.... she was just a baby when you left Rochester! And your Kate has the cutest, roundest cheeks ever. You must kiss them LOTS!!

You all look great, glad to see you all so well. Thanks for heading up the great gift for the Hibberts. I think they really appreciated it.

emilypr said...

You must get this all the time, but Elizabeth looks just like the Gerber baby. She's so bright-eyed and sparkly!

Jan and Cameron said...

Look at you go! I love seeing your kids. I can't believe that Kate is already one, that is so crazy!!

WendyJ said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive. I loved seeing all the fun stuff you've been up to. We are so excited to see you all this summer!! Happy Belated Birthday, and Kate is 1!!! Wow time flies with these little ones.

Anna said...

It's so nice to catch up with your family. I can't wait for the Boy to mow the lawn.

amy morgan said...

So glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers a birthday PIE . . .
Such cuties you have!

Gretchen said...

Loved your post Tiffany! Such darling pictures. You are rich with a house full of darling treasures!!

I can't wait to see pictures of China and hear how your trip was!

CUTRER said...

I am glad to see you update your blog. Its hard not to be in the area and see all this happen hands on. I can see that Kate is going to look as pretty as mom. How fun that you guys have been doing so well and having a good time.

pam said...

Hi, I found your blog from google while looking for a picture, I see you have the picture first grief, and I love it. I would like to use it as a handout at church, do you know who I can ask to do this? This picture is perfect for my handout.

Julie said...

Beautiful kids/beautiful you! I hope you know that we love you all!

Emily Redd said...

Tiffany-fun to see what you have been up to lately. we miss everybody but nancy keep me updated here and there. we should get together sometime even though I know summer is super busy. I can't believe your little Kate is one already?? That year FLEW by, as they always do!! Don't you wish you could just stop time? I do!! I am just like you and don't like those milestones...
loved all the pics!~

Jaime said...

You guys have been busy!

Love all your little pictures, Tiffany!

Druava Family said...

I can't believe she has turned 1 year old!! Wow, this past year has flown by, I swear it was yesterday Tim was announcing in staff meeting that you were pregnant. How time flies! Your family is so darling..Love seeing the updates, Tell Tim Hi for me :)

The Ramptons said...

Tiffany, You all look so great and like you are having a great ole time! Kate is SO adorable! What a little beauty. It was great to see what you are all up to. Miss ya!